I am writing code that is called by the end-user in SRB mode, and the code
will issue a PC. The caller may very well have its own FRR.

I would like to have the API have an FRR as well as the PC routine. Is there
some programable way I can determine how many are free (if only 1, I would
prefer to have it at the PC level)?