>Is there any discussion per function code No. 39 somewhere?

>From an old "orange book" titles "The Subsystem Interface in MVS/SP Version 3"
>(GG66-3131-00):

Function codes 7, 16, 17, 18, 19, 38, and 39 are the codes to build a subsystem
that supports the SUBSYS= keyword in DD allocations. At conversion time,
function 38 (Converter) is called once for each DD to verify the parameters on
the SUBSYS= keyword. At step initiation, function 39 (Allocation Group) is
called once for all DDs in the step specifying this subsystem on the SUBSYS=
keyword. Functions 16 and 17 are the OPEN and CLOSE routines, resp. Function 7
(Unallocation) is called once for each DD statement at unallocation. Functions
18 and 19 support Checkpoint and Restart, resp.

I don't know where writing your own subsystem to suppport SUBSYS= allocations
is documented these days. It is not in the z/OS MVS Using the Subsystem
Interface manual for whatever reason.

--
Peter Hunkeler

--