I think that SDB can't decide on a BLKSIZE when LRECL=0.  In any case, for
a Program Object PDSE, the BLKSIZE is nearly irrelevant.  PDSEs always use
a physical record length of 4K.  For non-PO PDSEs, the nominal BLKSIZE is
faked up for you as needed.

Use SDB (0) when you have an LRECL, and 32K-8 when you don't.  I do think
it would be nice if ISPF handled that, but there may be situations I
haven't thought of.

sas

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 7:10 PM, Paul Gilmartin <
0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Jan 2017 18:24:57 -0700, Lizette Koehler wrote:
>
> >I just used Option 3.2 and allocated a PDSE with LRECL 80 and Blksize 0
> with Version 2 (z/OS V2.1)
> >
> >No issues - it took it fine and the Blksize is 32760.
> >
> Did you populate it by copying a load module to a program object?
>
> FWIW, I deleted and re-allocated, again with BLKSIZE=0 and used /bin/cp to
> copy
> a load module.  No errors, and it changed BLKSIZE to 4096.
>
> This points a finger at ISPF Move/Copy Utility.
>
> -- gil

sas