In article <1b40a37.6eb3673.45aab...@aol.com> Edward Finnell wrote:

> I started at Southern Bell Co-op student in '66 on a 33ASR writing Basic
> Programs on I think it was a GE635 at one of the Banks in Atlanta.

BASIC?  I think Dartmouth BASIC was created around 1964, but I didn't
realize it was used in banking by 1966.

> There were eight holes but the 4th from left was the sprocket feed.  If
> you put the tape in upside down it would saw it in two.

As I recall it, there were 8 possible holes punched, and a smaller
pinfeed/timing hole, on the ASR-33.  In theory, the 8th data hole was to be
used for parity, though the ASR-33 punched 7-bit ASCII plus an always-on 8th
bit by default.