From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Glenn Wilcock
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2017 12:25 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: HSM followup question

HSM uses the current values of the assigned management class to manage a data
set.  So, any changes made to the values of a management class will be used the
next time that HSM selects for processing any data sets assigned to that
management class.

A data set may be assigned to a different management class.  In fact, in z/OS
V2R1 and higher, the HSM class transition support can be used to change the
management class, storage class and/or storage group based on policy (note that
data class is excluded).  In z/OS V2R2, the HSM MIGRATE TRANSITION command can
also be used.

Glenn Wilcock
DFSMShsm Architect