Lizette Koehler wrote:

>  This is documented in the SAMPLIB (I am not at work so I think this is where
> it is) for HSM.  ARC member name prefix name.

Ah, this is it! I found it in ARCSTRST member, part COMPRESS. Thanks Lizette! I
never used that little gem when I was a HSM admin.

And the best is - EXAMINE after a LISTC command, then EXPORT, then IMPORT.

And my caution about stopping HSM is still valid:

NOTE:  BEFORE RUNNING THIS JOB, YOU MUST SHUT DOWN ALL
       ALL INSTANCES OF DFSMSHSM THAT SHARE THE CDS'S.

To Esmie, I see there are NO LRECL and BLKSIZE in this snippet. Seemed you can
just let IDCAMS figure it out for you.

//ALLOCATE EXEC PGM=IEFBR14
//EXPMCDS DD DSN=?UID.EXPORT.MCDS,DISP=(,CATLG),
// UNIT=SYSDA,SPACE=(CYL,(20,2))
//EXPBCDS DD DSN=?UID.EXPORT.BCDS,DISP=(,CATLG),
// UNIT=SYSDA,SPACE=(CYL,(20,2))
//EXPOCDS DD DSN=?UID.EXPORT.OCDS,DISP=(,CATLG),
// UNIT=SYSDA,SPACE=(CYL,(20,2))
//*
//IDCAMS EXEC PGM=IDCAMS,REGION=512K
//MCDS DD DSN=?UID.MCDS,DISP=OLD
//BCDS DD DSN=?UID.BCDS,DISP=OLD
//OCDS DD DSN=?UID.OCDS,DISP=OLD
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSIN DD *
 LISTCAT ENT(?UID.MCDS ?UID.BCDS ?UID.OCDS) ALL
 EXAMINE NAME(?UID.MCDS) INDEXTEST
 IF LASTCC = 0 THEN -
        EXPORT ?UID.MCDS ODS(?UID.EXPORT.MCDS) TEMPORARY
 IF LASTCC = 0 THEN -
        IMPORT IDS(?UID.EXPORT.MCDS) ODS(?UID.MCDS.?NEW) -
        OBJECTS -

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht