Your qiestions are relevant. And very important.
And that's why I asked about people's experiences. ;-)
And I dare to answer some of the questions:
1) This is matter of declarations. IMHO more important is current set of
2) See above
3) I don't understand.
4) This is not shop sale, so each contract can be different. I haven't
seen any offering from that company, but I know what to put in the
contract. Without those things I won't sign it.
5) More important is fix time, however for my location the offering is
6) How close??? This is matter of FICON and speed of light in a glass.
7) This is part of the contract.
8) They claim all microcode updates are online, disk additions and swaps
are online, controller swaps are online.
(I'm still not a salesman)
W dniu 2017-02-16 o 00:53, Lizette Koehler pisze:
Just one comment.
When looking at DASD for mainframe, keep the following items in mind
1) How soon can the vendor implement new functions that IBM implements in IOS
2) What feature(s) are you using today that are not available for some period of
time from the vendor?
3) What issues will the vendor share with their product? FICON, IOS, etc....
bugs, challenges they have seen with implementation
4) What are the maintenance contracts like between IBM and what this vendor
offers? Is the maintenance included in the purchase? Does it increase during
5) What kind of support is provided by the vendor? 24x7x365? Close to your
shop or far away? How many CEs are close to your location?
6) How close does the dasd unit need to be to the mainframe?
7) Cost to add/remove storage components.
8) When does the DASD unit need to be totally offline for maintenance? Or is it
Basically hardware is hardware. What your mission critical apps need should
drive the hardware solution. If it is not critical, then probably a good
vendor. If you need something with a high level of deliverables, maybe not.
So, see if there is a list on the internet for the product or vendor. Probably
there will be chatter if some shops are using it.
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of R.S.
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 10:04 AM
Subject: New DASD for mainframe
I just learnt there is new DASD (disk system) provider for mainframe.
It's INFINIDAT. From the sales pitch it looks very promising.
The architecture is similar to XIV and the designer is the same person:
The difference is Infinidat support FICON connectivity and all "must have"
features like HyperPAV, remote copy (PPRC), PiT copy (flashcopy), EAV, etc.
Question:is there anyone who want to share user experience of the DASD?
Offlist opinions are welcome.
Disclaimer: This is not an advertisement, I don't sell it, I have to
relationship to any partner of the company.
Tre tej wiadomoci moe zawiera informacje prawnie chronione Banku
przeznaczone wycznie do uytku subowego adresata. Odbiorc moe by jedynie
jej adresat z wyczeniem dostpu osób trzecich. Jeeli nie jeste adresatem
niniejszej wiadomoci lub pracownikiem upowanionym do jej przekazania
adresatowi, informujemy, e jej rozpowszechnianie, kopiowanie, rozprowadzanie
lub inne dziaanie o podobnym charakterze jest prawnie zabronione i moe by
karalne. Jeeli otrzymae t wiadomo omykowo, prosimy niezwocznie
zawiadomi nadawc wysyajc odpowied oraz trwale usun t wiadomo
wczajc w to wszelkie jej kopie wydrukowane lub zapisane na dysku.
This e-mail may contain legally privileged information of the Bank and is
intended solely for business use of the addressee. This e-mail may only be
received by the addressee and may not be disclosed to any third parties. If you
are not the intended addressee of this e-mail or the employee authorized to
forward it to the addressee, be advised that any dissemination, copying,
distribution or any other similar activity is legally prohibited and may be
punishable. If you received this e-mail by mistake please advise the sender
immediately by using the reply facility in your e-mail software and delete
permanently this e-mail including any copies of it either printed or saved to
mBank S.A. z siedzib w Warszawie, ul. Senatorska 18, 00-950 Warszawa,
www.mBank.pl, e-mail: kont...@mbank.pl
Sd Rejonowy dla m. st. Warszawy XII Wydzia Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru
Sdowego, nr rejestru przedsibiorców KRS 0000025237, NIP: 526-021-50-88.
Wedug stanu na dzie 01.01.2016 r. kapita zakadowy mBanku S.A. (w caoci
wpacony) wynosi 168.955.696 zotych.
For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions,
send email to lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN