Lizette,
Your qiestions are relevant. And very important.
And that's why I asked about people's experiences. ;-)

And I dare to answer some of the questions:

1) This is matter of declarations. IMHO more important is current set of features.
2) See above
3) I don't understand.
4) This is not shop sale, so each contract can be different. I haven't seen any offering from that company, but I know what to put in the contract. Without those things I won't sign it. 5) More important is fix time, however for my location the offering is 24/7/356.
6) How close??? This is matter of FICON and speed of light in a glass.
7) This is part of the contract.
8) They claim all microcode updates are online, disk additions and swaps are online, controller swaps are online.

(I'm still not a salesman)

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland