>>A recent note asked how, in REXX, to parse a record in this format:
>>"word1 word2.word3 word4:word5.word6 word7 hh.mm.ss"
>
>I admit, I did something similar myself in the compact solution I tendered,
and for which I was admonished for needless complexity.

I absolutely liked your solution, Gil. It's elegant. The one I chose (before
the initial post) was making use of the fact (which I did not tell you), that
I'm not interested 2-5, so I just split the using "." as well. Kind of
cheating, I know :-)

--
Peter Hunkeler