I don't think this is an SMS problem, SMS would not allocate a (new) dataset to
a non-existing volume.
I think the dataset exists and is cataloged to a volume that is not available
in your system. What does the catalog say about this dataset?

Sometimes it is more efficient to ask help for your original problem, than for
your intended solution.

Kees.

e-mail, and delete this message.

33014286