z/FS are simply linear VSAM and may be copied with IDCAMS REPRO like so:
//STEP1    EXEC PGM=IDCAMS
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSIN    DD *
 DEFINE CLUSTER -
           (NAME(MVSUNIX.E100.TMP.ZFS) -
           LINEAR -
           SHAREOPTIONS(3,3) -
           VOLUME(AV7CA8)   -
           STORCLAS(NONSMS) -
           NOERASE -
           RECOVERY -
           NOWRITECHECK -
           NOREUSE) -
        DATA -
           (NAME(MVSUNIX.E100.TMP.ZFS.DATA) -
           CONTROLINTERVALSIZE(4096) -
           CYL(250,250))
/*
//REPROZFS  EXEC PGM=IDCAMS
//SYSPRINT DD   SYSOUT=*
//IN1  DD DSN=MVSUNIX.E090.TMP.ZFS,DISP=SHR
//OUT1 DD DSN=MVSUNIX.E100.TMP.ZFS,DISP=SHR
//SYSIN DD *
 REPRO INFILE(IN1) OUTFILE(OUT1)
/*

>Date:    Sun, 12 Mar 2017 17:19:50 +0530
>
>Subject: Re: Can you use IDCAMS REPRO on zFS files
>
>Zfs aggregate will help extending the zfs file dynamically if it runs out of
>space. To dynamically extend, the option aggrgrow= on should be specified in
>IOEPRMxx or IOEFSPRM file which defines the configuration options for zfs
>PROC. The Zfs aggregate >must have secondary allocation defined and there
>should be enough space on volume to extend it dynamically.
>
>Thanks,
>Pushpalatha
>z/OS sys prog
>
>>On Mar 3, 2017 10:25 PM, "Lizette Koehler" <stars...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>>
>> List -
>>
>> When I expand a zFS file I will create a new one, mount it on a temp
>directory,
>> then copy from the original to the new.  Dismount Old, alter/newname
>> new
>>and
>> then mount on original path.
>>
>> I have someone telling me that I can use a simple IDCAMS Repro
>>
>>  Which means my process would be
>>  Unmount
>>  Rename current to .old
>>  Create new with correct name
>> REPRO old to new
>>  Mount new file on original mount point
>>
>> Is it possible to use IDCAMS to copy a zFS file and not break the
>>structure?
>> Inquiring minds want to know.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> Lizette

Jim Holloway
jhollo...@metlife.com
The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is for the
intended addressee only. Any unauthorized use, dissemination of the
information, or copying of this message is prohibited. If you are not the
message.