I hope I am not violating forum decorum by posting this.  If so, then I would
ask that the forum administrators kill it.

I am putting this out there in case anyone within commuting distance of
Trenton, NJ is interested in a full-time contract that would most likely lead
to full-time employment.  I am down one person and all z/OS and z/OS related
software, IBM & third party, falls on my shoulders.  I cannot even go away for
a long weekend without fear of being called; not that I get called that much,
but you know what I mean.

Anyways...

The position is for a z/OS generalist.  The candidate must have enough
experience (minimum 5 years) to know SMP/e, can install a ServerPac, knows some
storage admin, the usual TSO, ISPF, JCL, VSAM, IDCAMS, HFS/ZFS, etc...  Also
must be willing, and able, to go on on-call rotation (lasts one week; although
I am usually the first person called).  Although the public posting of this
contract mentions RACF, you do not need to be a RACF ADMIN; just know enough
about the product to assist when/if necessary.

The position is for the NJ Judiciary, i.e. the court system, however, the
contract was let out to a firm in Ann Arbor, Michigan, called, ACRO Corp:
https://www.acrocorp.com.  The contract contact is Tracy Koval <???>;
tko...@acrocorp.com. If you go directly through ACRO, your billing rate could
be more than going through the plethora of agencies out their beating the
ground for any warm body that can spell zos (deliberate misspelling on my
part).  The contract was initially put out for a duration of six months.  It
could be extended or ...

At the end of the contract, if we like the candidate and the candidate likes
us, we will probably make an offer for fulltime employment.  This position
reports directly to me; although there is a "hiring committee".  All candidates
will be asked the exact same interview questions (we are a government agency
and our selection process must be completely above reproach :( ... ).  During
the “tell us about yourself” phase is when you get the chance to shine and show
us your experience and knowledge.

Important … please note…  Anyone that works for any NJ state agency must, Must,
MUST … be a resident of NJ within one year of starting said employment; how I
wish this were not so.  And I must also note that we will not offer any form of
moving assistance.   Oh, another thing…  Salaries for fulltime employees are
fixed within a range.  When someone is hired, the start of the “range” is what
can be offered; but I can push for a few percentage points over that.  Although
starting salaries are a bit low by corporate world standards, raises are
automatic each year until one’s salary reaches the maximum.

Although my contact particulars are below, please DO NOT CALL me.  Although I
prefer questions, and their subsequent answers, to be posted publically for all
to see, you may email me for clarification, that's it.  And do not expect an
immediate response. I am so busy that email is the last thing I pay attention
to.

Thanks for listening and enjoy your weekend.

Gary Green
Supervisor – Large Systems and Mainframe Networks
New Jersey Judiciary
Richard J. Hughes Justice Complex
25 Market Street
Trenton, New Jersey