On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 5:15 PM, Ron Thomas <ron5...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi .  We have customer users uploading sales data in  excel format in a
> portal, once this file is uploaded a batch process will SFTP  the file from
> here to a virtual machine and then to the mainframe . We are seeing that
> there are many cases where all the rows the user entered in excel file is
> not getting transmitted to virtual machine .
>
> How we can make sure that all the rows gets transmitted to virtual machine
> , if all the rows gets transmitted then only transmit to mainframe else  ?
> is there any specific design considerations we need to follow ? Please
> suggest valuable thoughts on this ?
>
> Regards
> Ron T

​So, what is the customer using to send the file? It appears that this is
what is failing. So that is what needs to be detected. And, at this point,
I can't come up with anything better since I don't know what is being used.
It might be upload via a web page, or ftp, or sftp, or ??? . In a general
sense, I would say that the originating system needs to create a "checksum"
of the data and upload both that and the data. The receiving system, linux
on the VM, needs to regenerate the checksum and compare it to the
transmitted checksum. If they are different, then take corrective action. I
don't know what that would be.

--
"Irrigation of the land with seawater desalinated by fusion power is
ancient. It's called 'rain'." -- Michael McClary, in alt.fusion

Maranatha! <><
John McKown