I am helping on an assembler program that is accessing a sequential file in move mode, yet the move is not happening. R1 points to valid data after the GET, but the record area specified was not filled in. This application is being ported from VSE to z/OS.

Code snippets:

         OPEN  (HPPCTL,UPDAT)
         GET   HPPCTL,PPCT
HPPCTL   DCB   DSORG=PS,RECFM=F,LRECL=100,DDNAME=HPPCTL,
               BLKSIZE=(100),
               MACRF=(GM),EODAD=PPCTLOUT

in program storage:
PPCT     DS    0CL100              CONTROL RECORD
PPID     DS    CL5                 RECORD IDENT
... and more

Thoughts?

(My expertise is in VSE, not z/OS application programming.)

--
Tony Thigpen