> It's been long time since I had this problem. I'm fuzzy on the
> solution, but I think it's either
>
> a. Status Detect parameter in sysplex couple data set definition, or
> b. LPAR cross partition authority in IMAGE profile

  As stated in a prior response, it is most likely OA50533,
if there is a BCPii connection between the system in the
basic sysplex.  AutoIPL does initiate the reIPL, but then
while the Load Clear is clearing storage, another system
in the sysplex sends a System Reset via BCPii to allow
partitioning to proceed, and that ends up stopping the
the reIPL.

  The fix to OA50533 changes AutoIPL to use Load Normal
instead of Load Clear to reIPL, so the reIPL action more
quickly proceeds to a point where the SE is notified that
a reset from another system is no long valid and should be
rejected.

> For sure CF connection is not necessary. There is a functional
> difference between 'automatic IPL' after wait state, and REIPL
> specified on the V XCF,OFF command. Hopefully someone else can clarify.

  There is no functional difference between 'automatic IPL'
after wait state, and REIPL specified on the V XCF,OFF command.
V XCF,OFF,REIPL  simply causes a particular wait state
and reason code to be loaded, which drives AutoIPL.

Jim Mulder z/OS Diagnosis, Design, Development, Test  IBM Corp.
Poughkeepsie NY