From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:22 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: FTP Failing with space issues

On 2017-04-20, at 09:08, Nims,Alva John (Al) wrote:

> You could include one of the following commands in the FTP command stream on
> the remote system.

"remote"?  It appears to be the OP's local system.  (Point of view; I
understand.)

> QUOTE SITE PRIM=## SEC=## TRacks
> Or
> QUOTE SITE PRIM=## SEC=## CYlinders

"TRacks" or "CYlinders", but not "BYTES"?  (I RTFM.)  Bad design for the needs
of the OP who probably knows the size of the source file only in bytes.  And
may not be familiar with the geometries of various IBM storage subsystems.

Doesn't IBM nowadays recommend allocation in bytes rather than tracks?

Simply, FTP should support:
    QUOTE SITE PRIM=## SEC=## BYTES

-- gil