From: Andrew Rowley <and...@blackhillsoftware.com>
To: IBM-MAIN <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
Sent: Wed, Apr 26, 2017 1:04 pm
Subject: JZOS Java CLASSPATH

The JCL supplied with the JZOS batch launcher has a section to add jars
to the classpath:

# Add Application required jars to end of CLASSPATH
for i in "${APP_HOME}"/*.jar; do
     CLASSPATH="$CLASSPATH":"$i"
     done

My understanding is you should be able to use a wildcard instead and the
JVM will add all files ending with jar or JAR to the classpath,

e.g. CLASSPATH="$CLASSPATH":"${APP_HOME}"/*

but it doesn't seem to work. The classes are not found. If I display the
classpath from within the program I can see the directory including the
wildcard. If I copy and paste that entry and use it in "ls" it lists the
jars.

What an I missing? Does the z/OS JVM support the wildcard syntax (under
JZOS)?