On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 10:25 AM, Rob Schramm <rob.schr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Isn't this a job for cURL?

​Definitely, as shown in the REXX example. But cURL​ may not be installed.
It is part of the optional "ported" UNIX utilities. Which, I am fairly
sure, is now distributed (and requires registration with) by Rocket
Software.
http://www.rocketsoftware.com/zos-open-source/curl
It is definitely free (no cost), but you need to give them a valid email
address since they email you a time sensitively link to do the download. I
find this mildly irritating. I far prefer Dovetailed Technologies' "here's
the link, download away, register if you want to, support contract
available" methodology. But, each to their own. I have a good opinion of
Rocket. And not just because I have a friend who works for them.

--
"Irrigation of the land with seawater desalinated by fusion power is
ancient. It's called 'rain'." -- Michael McClary, in alt.fusion

Maranatha! <><
John McKown