Charles Mills wrote:

I don't seem to be able to declare a D variable in C++.

Nope - _Decimal types are not support in C++ (it would mess up
the type hiearchy too much which gets into name mangling issues, etc...)

So - you can only declare _Decimal values in C.

Systems/C doesn't support %D(*,*) - you have to explicity specify
the precision so the printf() var-args code can retrieve the proper number
of bytes from the argument list.   Although - now that you point it out,
I don't see a reason why it couldnt' support that...   you would need to
do something like:

 printf("%D(*,*)\n", digitsof(d), precisionof(d), d);

Seems like that would be a really good idea!

The description of %D in the IBM XLC manuals simply says:

  %D(n,p) Fixed-point value consisting of a series of one or more decimal
                digits possibly containing a decimal-point.

I doesn't seem to provide for D(*,*) - so - from the documentation, it doesn't
look like IBM supports it either.

   - Dave Rivers -

--
riv...@dignus.com                        Work: (919) 676-0847