On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 20:41:12 -0500, John McKown wrote:

>    ... Now, do
>we continue the "dataset" vs "data set" debate ...

The "Glossary of z/OS terms and abbreviations" has no "dataset" but:
    data set.
        In z/OS, a named collection of related data records that is stored
        and retrieved by an assigned name. Equivalent to a file in other
operating systems.

I don't see that saving a press of the spacebar outweighs stylistic
irregularity.

>... to "filesystem" vs "file system"?​ Personally, I vote for the
>smushedupword.

Op. cit. has neither.  My perception is that "filesystem" is modal in the
UNIX culture.

-- gil