From: "Dave McGuire" <mcgu...@lssmuseum.org>
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2017 12:30:32 PM
Subject: new member, need old iron assistance

Hi folks, new list member here. I come seeking the wisdom of gurus.
Please forgive any breach of protocol.

I'm looking for some assistance with some older iron, a 3290 plasma
terminal. I have it partially functional, connected to a 3174, and can
get into the terminal's setup panels, but those panels are essentially
useless without documentation. I'm not getting any sessions through the
3174 to the 3290, so something is wrong somewhere. Other terminals
connected to the same 3174 reach hosts just fine. It's my hope that
I'll be able to figure it out once I find the appropriate documentation.

I believe the setup panels are documented in publication GA23-0241,
which doesn't appear to be available online anywhere.

Would anyone here have a copy of that manual, or any other relevant
material, on a dusty bookshelf? Or would anyone with knowledge of
3290+3174 configuration be willing to give me some assistance?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,
-Dave

--
Dave McGuire
President/Curator, Large Scale Systems Museum