On Mon, 1 May 2017 18:29:39 +0000, McCabe, Ron <rmcc...@mutualofenumclaw.com>
wrote:

>Hello Listers,
>
>Is anyone running CA-SYSVIEW 14.2 on z/OS 2.2?  We are upgrading our z/OS 1.13
>to 2.2 and CA-SYSVIEW needed to be upgraded too along with applying a required
>PTF to run on z/OS 2.2.  I got everything updated but when we start/run
>CA-SYSVIEW it locks up the system and the only way out of it is to IPL.
>
>So if anyone is running CA-SYSVIEW 14.2 on z/OS 2.2 did you run into any
>problems, especially what I just described?  If yes, what was the fix?  I do
>have an open issue with CA Support on this but sure would like to know what
>others have run into.
>
>Thanks,
>Ron McCabe
>Mutual of Enumclaw

Did you open an issue with CA?  Did you take a SADUMP? Did you search the CA
KB?
I personally am working on z/OS 2.2 systems with 14.1,  not 14.2, but I know of
many other systems with 14.2 and z/OS 2.2.

Is this a sandbox LPAR?  How much storage does it have?  I have already been
involved in 3 cases on z/OS 2.2 systems for different clients with slightly
different
"lock up" problems during IPL or what looked like loops and in each the root
cause
was the LPAR only had 2G of real storage and starting a task with "high" virtual
storage requirements caused a problem due to lack of real storage.  For example,
the startup of DB2 or IMS during the IPL process.  The solution was to add at
least
.5G of real storage.

Regards,

Mark