I did a google on IBM mainframe migration and here are two opposing viewpoints.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbloomberg/2015/08/14/mainframe-migration-fools-errand/#6fd702984cd3

http://modernsystems.com/10-commandments-of-successful-mainframe-migration/

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of James Wellingtin
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2017 10:11 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Migration of Mainframe to other plat form

Hi Steve

No , I don't get frustrated of not having a direct answer to the main question.

I really appreciate alt he answers coming in.
We are getting quite around a lot of things in this case and topic And it is
all of great value and all of the answers contributes to  my final analyze

So , please go on with answers

Regards

James

> On 05/04/2017 05:18 AM, James Wellingtin wrote:
> <SNIPPAGE>
>

>> Have anybody experience with the vendor MetaWare doing migration ,
>> Did they succeed in migrating.
>> What did they migrate to
>> How long time did it take
>>
> <SNIPPAGE>
>
> I understand your frustration. I am guilty of what I have been
> frustrated with others about. One asks a question, and never gets a
> direct answer to the main question being asked.
>
> After doing a bit of research on MetaWare, assuming we are talking
> about the same company, they are a privately owned France based entity.
>
> I have found nothing about them, using Google, to know much about them
> on a technical/effective basis. Their website doesn't give much to go
> on in this area. However, I am amused by their stats they publish.
> Such as a 295% ROI in one year. But then again, I know that 86.3% of all
> stats are made up.
>
> And so, since no one has said anything about them in/on this list, one
> must assume that (1) none of us have experience with them, or (2)
> those that do are not allowed to discuss anything because of an NDA
> (Non Disclosure Agreement) whether effected by an out of court
> settlement or actually signed prior to engagement, etc. or, (3) those
> who do have experience with them are Lurkers that never post.
>
> Regards,
> Steve Thompson

This email, and any files transmitted with it, is confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you
have received this email in error, please notify the system manager. This
individual named. If you are not the named addressee, you should not
immediately by e-mail if you have received this message by mistake and delete
this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient, you are