Good Day To All,

Could someone clarify the explanation and my understanding about the SHARE parm
when using COPY. Following is the explanation in the doc:

SHARE specifies that DFSMSdss is to share the data sets to be copied for read
access with other programs.
SHARE and FULL are mutually exclusive; you cannot specify these keywords
together.
Do not specify DELETE if you specify SHARE. You must have exclusive control
over data sets that are to be deleted; SHARE does not require such exclusive
control.
Note: Unlike the RESTORE command, the COPY command honors the SHARE
keyword for VSAM data sets. However, the SHARE keyword is only honored for
VSAM data sets that were defined with share options other than (1,3) or (1,4).
Specifying the SHARE keyword does not cause DFSMSdss to honor the share
options that are defined for VSAM data sets. For VSAM data sets that are defined
with share options other than (1,3) or (1,4), specifying the SHARE keyword
allows
other programs to obtain read access. It does not, however, allow write access
the data sets while they are being copied. For VSAM data sets that are defined
with share options (1,3) or (1,4), neither read access nor write access by other
programs is allowed while the data set is being copied.

If my understanding is correct the SHARE parm applis to VSAM dsns which are
defined with share options (2,3) .  However the dsn in question is that it is
an OAM file.  Would the SHARE apply to OAM dsns as well?
Before the COPY is executed the file is closed on CICS.  However after the COPY
step has executed of the dsn (no warnings or errors received)  the job abends
at the following step which tries to enable the file on CICS because the dsn is
not released from the job until it completes.  The job has 6 steps.
My question is shouldn''t the dsn be released after the COPY step is has
completed or does dsn is released at the end ot the job?  Could someone please
clear this up for me?