Could you explain a little more of the calling order?  When you quote from the
eCOBOL V5.3 manual, I tend to get confused as to what you are trying to do.

Assm --> VS COBOL II

eCOBOL V5.3 -->  Assm -->  VS Cobol II

VS Cobol should run as the SCEERU N libraries will contain the required
modules.  I am not sure why this may not work.

Lizette