>I opened a hardware issue for this same reason and hardware support reported
>that MCL patches needed to be applied to the HMC.  Those patches were recently
>put on but I haven't had a chance to be at the HMC during a sandbox IPL to
>verify if it is fixed.

When I first detected this last year, I had asked my colleague who does
'hardware' to open a ticket and provided him with documentation for it. He just
didn't open the PMH. And I had the bypass of using the 3270 console. Until we
hit the point in IPL where thousands of V offline commands spit out their
response (don't ask!) and it took more than 10 minutes to see 'real'
information again, even at rtme=1/4. I have asked my colleague again for that
PMH as a result of this thread.

I have also told him about the MCL patch and asked that he asks IBM which patch
will fix it. (We may have it on already, though).

As for Browser: IE is the corporately mandated browser, and I heartily distrust
anything having to do with google, so I don't use Chrome. No way to change
anything in IE, either. I could not even find where to customize compatibility
mode. There is nothing mentioned in that one menue that I found.

Barbara