Was it done in the same job?

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Frank Swarbrick
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 4:11 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: VSAM file as GDS

Developer did more testing and found that even though it successfully
created generation 1 when an attempt was made to create an additional
generation it failed.  :-(

IEF344I TESTREP STEP01 FILEOUT - ALLOCATION FAILED DUE TO DATA FACILITY
SYSTEM ERROR

IGD17101I DATA SET PROD.CONNDEF.PATM.BKP.G0001V00

NOT DEFINED BECAUSE DUPLICATE NAME EXISTS IN CATALOG

RETURN CODE IS 8 REASON CODE IS 38 IGG0CLEH

IGD17219I UNABLE TO CONTINUE DEFINE OF DATA SET