Ambrose Jr wrote:

>What is 'loads'?
>Load Modules
>What is 'there loads'? there own compiled cobol program.  (sic)

Ok, Thanks. That helps a lot. I was wondering if you meant 'their' instead of
'there'.

>I a$$ume you want to avoid sharing that dataset. One way to do is use create
>for each FTP user a PS dataset <userid>.FTP.XX.?

>There is common PS dataset (having userid and pass for ftp), which i don't
>want programmers to view  though they using same file for FTP there load
>modules.

Ok, I now understand. I certainly don't recommend sharing a PS dataset
containing sensitive information. Rather, have your programmers use their OWN
PS dataset containing these sensitive details.

Or see below for alternative approach.

>>If you use a dataset as input source to do your FTP, you need READ access to
>>that dataset.?
>correct, without read access there job get failed but my

Of course, Did you considered SURROGAT Class in RACF if you _MUST_ share that
FTP.XX? (If that FTP.XX contains sensitive data from that 'other mainframe'.)

You setup an userid for FTP purposes, give access to your shared FTP.XX to that
id only. Give access to your programmers to SURROGAT class, something like this:

<FTP id>.SUBMIT and give READ access to all your programmers.

That FTP job submitted by your programmers then receives as owner the FTP id
which then can read your shared PS dataset.

In this way your programmers can't see the contents of that [shared] PS dataset.

Just setup your job that these details are not shown on the spool!

HTH!

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht