For an SQA request which needs to convert some multiple of 4K pages from
CSA to SQA,
the path length is longer.  As to the question of whether or not it is
dramatic, the answer is
the same as for most performance questions - "it depends".  One could
construct
an artificial workload where the SQA 4k multiple free page space is not
fragmented,
and the CSA multiple 4k page free space is highly fragmented, and then be
doing a lot
SQA getmains for a size which requires a long CSA search, and produce a
measurable
(even dramatic, for some definition of dramatic) performance effect.

  For a particular customer's workload, the only way to tell whether or
not there is a
measurable difference is to measure it both ways.

Jim Mulder z/OS Diagnosis, Design, Development, Test  IBM Corp.
Poughkeepsie NY

IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> wrote on
06/26/2017 07:24:37 AM: