Why not change your entry code slightly:

WHATEVER CSECT
ENTRY0   JAS   R15,MAIN
ENTRY1   JAS   R15,MAIN
ENTRY2   JAS   R15,MAIN
ENTRY3   JAS   R15,MAIN
ENTRY4   JAS   R15,MAIN
         LARL  R12,WHATEVER
         SR    R15,R12          subtract r12 from R15 to get relative offset
from WHATEVER
*                               R15 = 4 to 20 for entry 0 to 4
         AHI   R15,-4           R15 = 0 to 16 for entry 0 to 4
         SRL   R15,2            R15 now has a code 0 to 4 corresponding to the
entry point

If you can live with 4 to 16 as your "code", then drop the AHI and your R15
code will be 1 to 5.

C-

Charles (Chuck) Hardee
Senior Systems Engineer/Database Administration
EAS Information Technology

Thermo Fisher Scientific
300 Industry Drive | Pittsburgh, PA 15275
Phone +1 (724) 517-2633 | Mobile +1 (412) 877-2809 | FAX: +1 (412) 490-9230
chuck.har...@thermofisher.com  | www.thermofisher.com

WORLDWIDE CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: Dissemination, distribution or copying of this
e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient,
or an employee or agent of a system responsible for delivering the message to
the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please inform the sender and delete all copies.