Peter Hunkeler wrote:

>Below text was posted on MXG-L recently. It made me curious, so I tired (sic)
>to read the APARs mentioned. Unfortunately, IBM's support site does not have
>them (for public access) anymore. Can someone shed some light on this? What
>was the original problem? Why did it increase CPU time for many STCs *over
>time*? What path length was increased.

I looked around in IBM 'My Support' pages, and find this snippet from z/OS
Parallel Sysplex Configuration Overview (SG24-6485-00)

I see this:

"Note: The WLM service that added dynamic application environments is a
prerequisite for WebSphere Application Server for z/OS Version 6.0.1. See SPE
(APAR OW54622, included in z/OS Version 1.5 and above), which is described at:

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg1OW54622";

I just get a 'Our apologies...' statement.

I see other references, but they are about WebSphere which requires that WLM
APAR, like thise RedBook 'Problem Avoidance for WebSphere Application Server
for z/OS.' (First Edition (March 2006))

It states:

"The dynamic WLM application environment is a function of WLM that became
available when APAR OW54622 was made available for Workload Manager. It is
incorporated into z/OS Version 1.5 and later. With the new WLM function,
programs can dynamically create application environments on the fly."

Sorry, Nothing more information. Perhaps you need a formal request to IBM?

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht