agreed

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Silvio Camplani
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2017 1:12 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: DFHSM Issue

I think they do not show up because they are not FULL. Issue this command, then
try again:F hsmproc,DELVOL S00094      BACKUP(MARKFULL)

Regards,

Silvio Camplani
zSeries Sr. Analyst, Systems Support
Bombardier

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017, at 02:01 PM, Pesce, Andy wrote:
> So, I am having an issue with DFHSM Backup tapes.  I tried opening a PMR> and
> the first thing I get back is, "z/OS 1.13 is an unsupported release,> and you
> don't have an extended contract".....
>
> Anyway, thought I would send this to see if anyone else has seen this> issue.
>    When I list the backupvolumes, I have a list that looks like> this:
>
> - DFSMSHSM CONTROL DATASET - BACKUP VOLUME-- LISTING ----- AT 07:37:16 ON>
> 17/07/12 FOR SYSTEM=MVSD
>
>  > VOLSER   DEVICE  BACKUP   VOL   TOTAL     FREE    THRESH  LAST BACKUP  >
> PSWD   EXP   RACF   EMPTY  IDRC  DUPLEX PCT
>           TYPE    TYPE    FULL  TRACKS   TRACKS              DATE       >
>                                       ALT   FULL
>
>  > S00012   3590-1  DAILY     NO   ********** **********  *****      17/07/10
>    > NO    YES    NO     NO     Y    **NONE** 34.6
> S00015   3590-1  DAILY     NO   ********** **********  *****      08/05/27
> > NO    YES    NO     NO     Y    **NONE** 20.0
> S00043   3590-1  DAILY     NO   ********** **********  *****      08/05/29
> > NO    YES    NO     NO     Y    **NONE** 25.0
> S00071   3590-1  DAILY     YES  ********** **********  *****      17/05/09
> > NO    YES    NO     NO     Y    **NONE** 96.6
> S00094   3590-1  DAILY     NO   ********** **********  *****      08/05/31
> > NO    YES    NO     NO     Y    **NONE** 28.3
> S00117   3590-1  DAILY     YES  ********** **********  *****      15/07/05
> > NO    YES    NO     NO     Y    **NONE** 54.3
> S00133   3590-1  DAILY     NO   ********** **********  *****      17/01/10
> > NO    YES    NO     NO     Y    **NONE** 57.5
> S00146   3590-1  DAILY     YES  ********** **********  *****      08/04/27
> > NO    YES    NO     NO     Y    **NONE** 96.7
> S00156   3590-1  DAILY     NO   ********** **********  *****      08/05/31
> > NO    YES    NO     NO     Y    **NONE** 31.2
> S00169   3590-1  DAILY     NO   ********** **********  *****      10/09/15
> > NO    YES    NO     NO     Y    **NONE** 54.8
> S00170   3590-1  DAILY     YES  ********** **********  *****      17/04/21
> > NO    YES    NO     NO     Y    **NONE** 96.6
>
> So, if you notice the second and third tapes on the list S00015 and
> S00043, you will see the last backup date in 2008.
> You will see that they are 20.0 and 25.0 PCT full.   So, I tried a
> RECYCLE DISPLAY specifying a percentage of 40%.
> I get the following:
>
> RECYCLE BACKUP DISPLAY PERCENTVALID(40)                                  >
> ARC0830I RECYCLE COMMAND PROCESSING STARTING                             >
>                                                                             >
> ELIGIBLE VOLUMES: 040%                                                   >
>                                                                             >
> LEGEND:                                                                  >
> '*' INDICATES EMPTY TAPE                                                 >
>                                                                             >
>   S00071    S00170    S00191    S00255    S00480    S00487    S00597  >
> S00602
> [...]

::DISCLAIMER::

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended
for the named recipient(s) only.
E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information
could be intercepted, corrupted,
lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in
transmission. The e mail and its contents
(with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on
the originator or HCL or its affiliates.
Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the
author and may not necessarily reflect the
views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction,
dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written
consent of authorized representative of
HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please
delete it and notify the sender immediately.
Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and
other defects.