[Default] On 28 Jul 2017 08:39:14 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main
ee...@us.ibm.com (John Eells) wrote:

>ITschak Mugzach wrote:
>> In a discussion about name-token vs user cvt, someone, I think it Scott
>> Ford, reminds that they registered their z/OS product prefix with IBM.
>> We would like to register the three characters if needed. Is there such
>> process? Who should I talk to?
>>
>> ITschak
>>

>You can start by sending a note to elem...@us.ibm.com.  You can ask for
>a specific prefix, but there is an IBM-reserved range, and another
>vendor might have registered the one you want already, so there are no
>guarantees.

Is there a site code that could be used by a site for local purposes
so that for example LOC would be the same on all systems and be
reserved for name token pairs and other uses unique to the site?
Obviously there would have to be rules within the site to prevent name
collisions just as each vendor has to prevent name collisions among
their products.

Clark Morris