On 2017-08-05, at 08:30, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
> But isn't that merely:
>
>    do_initialization
>    if ( condition1 && condition2 && condition3 && condition4 ) {
>        do_processing; }
>    do_housekeeping

Testing whether the eMail interface produces HTML less mangled than
the web interface I generally use:

But isn't that merely:

    do_initialization
    if ( condition1 && condition2 && condition3 && condition4 ) {
        do_processing; }
    do_housekeeping

> In Rexx, ITERATE and LEAVE apply only to loops with control variables,

I'll correct myself after RTFM.  ITERATE and LEAVE applly to both simple
repetitive loops (no control variable) and to controlled repetitive loops,
but not to simple (non-repetitive) do groups.

> and naming the control variable on ITERATE, LEAVE, and END much improves
> legibility.  Often, I use dummy loops only to facilitate DO-END matching.  I
> consider it an implementation shortcoming that the interpreter fails to report
> such mismatches when the DO is skipped by an IF.

-- gil

  • Re: "break" Paul Gilmartin
    • Re: "break" Paul Gilmartin