Would AMBLIST LISTIDR be of help?

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Roy Reynolds
Sent: Sunday, August 06, 2017 7:58 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: list of cobol load modules and their cobol version

I need to provide a list of cobol modules and the Cobol version they were
compiled with from a REXX program. There are many large PDS libs to process.
These may include non-Cobol load modules so I need to be able to identify which
are Cobol.
I know I can get the member list for each PDS into a REXX program and make
AMBLIST display a lot of good information but I'm not sure what to look for in
the output and what will identify what I need: Cobol Version used and date
compiled.  Is the Cobol version identified by hex strings or codes that aren't
readily apparent?
Can anyone suggest a way to best approach this?  The process must not require a
third party tool we probably don't have and probably can't buy. TIA