Hi Linda,

Years ago I used soap.client.props for this, base64 decoded passwords are not
so secure, but with strict file permissions (e.g. perm 660 or 640) this way
might be acceptable. If you use wsadmin, it can be configured to use
soap.client.props files for authentication purposes.

On Mon, Aug 07, 2017 at 05:59:20PM -0500, Linda Hagedorn wrote:
> This is regarding Websphere.  I've inherited a WAS platform with scripts
> containing passwords in clear text.  I have to remediate this, and came to
> ibm-main for advice.  This is on AIX.  I normally manage DB2 on Z, and just
> accepted the WAS area.
>
> Can anyone refer me to a manual, Redbook, or best practice for options?
> Encrypted pw file? System parm for NOPASSWORD?  Any information or referral
> is appreciated.  Thanks, Linda

Thanks and regards: Melich, Istvan