On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 11:34 AM, Binyamin Dissen <bdis...@dissensoftware.com
> wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Aug 2017 08:10:53 -0500 Giliad Wilf
> <000000d50942efa9-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:
>
> :>On Wed, 9 Aug 2017 06:41:04 -0500, John McKown <
> john.archie.mck...@gmail.com> wrote:
> :>
> :>>I'm probably not really understanding what you want to do. So I'll give
> :>>try at an alternate explanation for what I _think_ you want. You have a
> :>>"test" version of a program, call it TESTPGM, in your production PDSE.
> This
> :>>is a test version of PRODPGM in the same PDSE. You have another program,
> :>>MAINPGM, which invokes PRODPGM. You want MAINPGM to invoke TESTPGM
> instead,
> :>>without any changes to MAINPGM. You are running MAINPGM inside some
> sort of
> :>>debugger. You debugger can "dynamically rename" TESTPGM to PRODPGM by
> using
> :>>the IEWBLODI. I am wondering why you can't simply do a LOAD on  TESTPGM,
> :>>then use and IDENTIFY to create a CDE for the name PRODPGM using the EPA
> :>>for TESTPGM which you can get from the LOAD. Something akin to:
> :>>
> :>>  LOAD EPLOC=NEWNAME
> :>>  ST   0,NEWEPA SAME ENTRY POINT
> :>>  LR   1,0 LOAD EPA TO GPR1
> :>>  IDENTIFY EPLOC=OLDNAME,ENTRY=(1)
> :>>
> :>>Note, that I'm going mainly off of memory, so please excuse any errors
> in
> :>>the above.
> :>>
> :>>--
> :>>Veni, Vidi, VISA: I came, I saw, I did a little shopping.
> :>>
> :>>Maranatha! <><
> :>>John McKown
> :>
> :>You got it right.
> :>I need to further analyze the source to find out what else was IEWBLODI
> supposed to do there.
>
> It builds the module in memory without requiring it to be hardened to disk.

​Ah. Now that makes more sense. It's doing an "internal" form of "link &
go", joining multiple objects into a "program object" strictly in memory.
Being a lazy SOB, I would just do an IEWL into a temporary, dynamically
allocated, PDSE, then OPEN that and LOAD DCB= from it.​

--
If you look around the poker table & don't see an obvious sucker, it's you.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown