On 9 August 2017 at 12:34, Binyamin Dissen <bdis...@dissensoftware.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Aug 2017 08:10:53 -0500 Giliad Wilf wrote:

> :>You got it right.
> :>I need to further analyze the source to find out what else was IEWBLODI
> supposed to do there.
>
> It builds the module in memory without requiring it to be hardened to disk.

And the resulting IEW2678S makes sense in that context, because there
is nowhere known to IEWBLODI for the deferred classes to be loaded
from. So asking IBM to support deferred classes in IEWBLODI (or
IEWBLOAD, which is the same thing except without the IDENTIFY), makes
little sense. What might make sense would be an option on these two
functions to force all deferred classes to be loaded at the same time
as the non-deferred ones.

And of course as John M points out, building the PO in a temporary
dataset (or one or more UNIX files...?) would be about as easy, would
perform almost as well, and sounds as though it would accomplish
what's needed.

Tony H.