From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Tom Sims
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2017 1:31 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: IBM TS7720 Secure Data Erase

One of my clients is retiring an old TS7720 and wants to guarantee the residual
data is completely erased before it leaves the premises.

Can someone out there tell me if the "Secure Data Erase" feature works with
internal hard drives as the physical media, as well as with take cartridges?

Thanks in advance,

Tom Sims

(Speaking only for myself...).