On 8/17/2017 3:20 PM, Roberto Halais wrote:
IBM has notified that IBM Session Manager product will be phased out by the
end of 2018.

They suggest we migrate to IBM CL/Supersession.

I would like to know of other vendor products that do a similar function.

IBM Session Manager for z/OS is Macro 4 Tubes (rebranded). So, if you want near-zero conversion effort, that would be the way to go.

CL/Supersession isn't a bad product (originally from Candle), but who's doing the development now?

IBM disbanded their product development teams for SDSF, the entire OMEGAMON suite (also originally from Candle), the entire Optim suite, File Manager, Fault Analyzer, Tivoli Workload Scheduler (and related products), Security AppScan, Transformation Extender, a bunch of Rational products (Synergy & Change, Test Automation, BuildForge, Asset Manager, etc.) and so many others it's hard to keep up any more. These products are now partnership owned and developed by ISVs under intellectual property and profit sharing arrangements. I suspect the same is true of CL/Supersession. I just don't know who really owns and develops it. If anyone knows for sure, please post to the list...

--
PHOENIX SOFTWARE INTERNATIONAL
Edward E. Jaffe