Did your try DEL 'dsname' NSCR?

Classification: Public Information

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Rodatz, William J
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2017 10:41 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: EXTERNAL: Removing Catalog Entries for Datasets That Do Not Exist

Hello Everyone,

Recently I discovered some datasets with "MIGRAT" as the volser.  These
datasets had been migrated with DFHSM many years ago.  My organization is no
longer running the product.  I am attempting to remove the dangling catalog
entries which appears to be challenging.  The pubs say to use IEHPROGM with the
SCRATCH function if (1) the dataset is non-SMS managed and (2) you know the
dataset's volser prior to migration.  I don't what the original volser was and
I don't know why it matters.  The catalog entry has only the dataset name and
"MIGRAT" for the volser.

When I execute IEHPROGM, I get messages denoting that DFHSM is not active.  I
am unable to move past this point.

Does anyone have an idea how the catalog entries can be removed?  Any input
would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Bill