So do you need  complete code? Or just guidelines on how to code cobol?

Any general COBOL text (class book or book from Amazon) or internet search
should get you started.

If you need a simple read a record write a record, let me know and I can send
you a sample COBOL program

A quick internet search with the key words

COBOL READ WRITE A RECORD

Brought up this lovely little code

http://people.sju.edu/~jhodgson/cobol/sample.html

Lizette