>An easier approach by far would be to have my recovery routine retry to a
>routine that issued a distinct user ABEND in AMODE 31, perhaps first copying
>the SDWA to some storage that could subsequently be displayed.

I was about to propose something the like. Handle all the AMDOE 64 stuff in you
assembler code, i.e. let your ESTAE retry. Your retry routine saves all the
information your signal handler must know, goes back to AMODE 31, deregisters
your ESTAE and ABENDs with some user abend code. LE's ESTAE will catch up and
your signal handler should finally be driven.

--
Peter Hunkeler