There are two questions embedded in this:

How to work out where the CPU time is going.
Whether compiled REXX will go faster.

On the first question I generally just use a say with the time function -
but that just gives me ELAPSED time. Might be a good approach to searching
for the culprit.

On the second question, it really depends on how much time is spent in
REXX code and how much time in the things it calls. In our case most of
the time is in the things it's orchestrating so compiling never made much
sense/difference.

Cheers, Martin

Martin Packer,
zChampion, Principal Systems Investigator,
Worldwide Cloud & Systems Performance, IBM

+44-7802-245-584

email: martin_pac...@uk.ibm.com

Twitter / Facebook IDs: MartinPacker

Blog: