>I'd say it's because eliminating duplicate records isn't really a core
feature; it's just a useful by-product of the SUM function.

I'd answer DFSORT has a lot of features which I would not consider core
features, which doesn't mean they are not useful.

>Obviously, there's a world of divers requirements out there, but SORT
focuses on cases where you want to combine information from duplicate
keys, not just ignore them.

But they did implement the feature with SUM=NONE, didn't they?

I'm not complaining, just wondering.

--
Peter Hunkeler