Invitation for early Friday war stories.

When implementing (OS-moniker-du-jour) 1.6, we had several catastrophic
failures that required back out to previous level. We took some SADs during
that stormy period.

When implementing z/OS 1.13, we had several instances of running clean out of
real storage! System hit a wait state, took SAD automatically, then re-IPLed
itself. That was entertaining.

We more recently (under 2.1) took SAD and re-IPLed a hung system that would
probably have recovered if we had held off a bit longer. Heck, Game of Thrones
was on. How long were we supposed to wait? ;-)

.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company