On Mon, 16 Oct 2017 13:55:27 -0500, Paul Gilmartin wrote:

>On Mon, 16 Oct 2017 20:36:56 +0200, Peter Hunkeler wrote:
>
>>>Please don't rename your downloaded PDFs! Doing so breaks the cross-book
>>>links.
>>
>>What is not designed to work cannot become broken, right? There is a world
>>aside of Windows, and in that sphere I can easily rename the PDSs, in fact is
>>it the only sensible way on iOS (and probably also on Android) devices.
>>
>Do not the cross-book links work alike inthat "world aside"?  Until you break
>them by renaming.

For verification, I opened that *index.htm file with Firefox in (a
Debian-derived)
Linux.  I clicked on one of the .pdf links, opening it with Document Viewer.
There,
I clicked on a cross-reference link, opening that document in another instance
of Document Viewer.  Not everything that works is Windows.