From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Steve Thompson
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2017 6:56 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Connect:Direct

Gadi:

Regardless of pre-IBM or post IBM copy of C:D, it is a basic SMPE install, so
follow the Program Directory or Installation manual.

I haven't worked on C:D since 2013. So I don't know how the current
Installation configuration manual is titled, and/or what is needed.

But, you need to know if this is to be a simple install (one instance of C:D),
or if this is to have fail-over, or a C:D Plex.
All of that will tell you what you have to do for your configuration.

You will also need to know if you are doing IP only, or if you will be using
LU0 and/or LU6.2 connections.

There are people out there that do C:D work to get things set up for customers.

Regards,
Steve Thompson