From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Richards, Robert B.
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2017 9:51 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: (External):Re: TDMF or FDRPAS or how to migrate data

One word of caution to what Skip wrote about a "pull" XRC setup that I
experienced problems with in the past (12 yrs. ago). If the source side has
faster DASD than the target side, the target side sent I/O pacing back to the
source requesting that it slow down. This had a ripple effect on DASD response
times on the source side that was definitely unacceptable. I am not sure if
this is still an issue or not, but thought it worth mentioning as a point to
research/consider.

We replaced the slower DASD on the target side with equal or faster DASD and
the issue never arose again.

Bob