Thanks to all who responded to my previous post.  After 40 years in the
business I learned something new...amazing ;-)

Truth is, while processing the SMF30 this is the ONLY section (zEDC Usage
Statistics Section) that I encountered which has an offset/length and a ZERO
count.  From this point on, I will ALWAYS check for all three before assuming
that there is data at that offset.

I still have 4 fields in the SMF30 that I'm not sure how to format them.  Can
anyone give a quick explanation of how these fields are formatted and if there
are other fields in the SMF30 that are a similar format?
Is there any CBT code as an example for formatting the SMF30?   Can you point
me to an IBM manual that explains this?

SMF30CRP DC   F'0'         RqsvCPUtimeConsumedWhileCRMpromoted
*                                      CPU time consumed for an address
*                                      space or job while promoted due
*                                      to chronic resource contention
*                                      (in 1024 millisecond units). For
*                                      interval records, this field
*                                      contains only the time consumed
*                                      during the interval itself. @LJA
…
SMF30ERS DS    CL8' '                Expanded storage page residency
*                                    time in page-milliseconds     @DWA
*
…
SMF30_US_QueueTime     DC DL8'0' Total queue time. The amount of time
*                            in microseconds from when the request was
*                            submitted until the adapter started
*                            executing the request.                @0JA
SMF30_US_ExecTime      DC DL8'0' Total execution time (in microseconds)
*                                                                  @0JA

Again, I appreciate your assistance.

DanD