sidins...@gmail.com wrote:

I have an application that attaches subtasks using the ECB parameter on the ATTACH macro.
I then wait on the ECB to be posted and when it is I issue a DETACH of the TCB. I then
always get a 23E ABEND with a reason code of 8 that says that the TCB was not a subtask
of the issuing task. I have place SNAP dumps directly after the ATTACH and in the
"TCB Summary" section of the dump it shows the ATTACHed TCB as a subtask, but
when I do the same SNAP right before the DETACH the TCB is no longer there.

I just (embarrassingly) went thru this yesterday...

ATTACH returns the TCB in R1.

But - DETACH takes a poiner-to a pointer-to the TCB (double indirection); the
parameter passed to DETACH must also be on a fullword boundary.

I didn't have the double-indirection on the DETACH, so I was passing the wrong TCB
address and getting the 023E ABEND.

Might be something to check?

   - Dave Rivers -

--